Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Keeping it together

There are so many days when I just want to go back to bed! But I don't.
This morning was no different.  My problem is that I go to bed WAY to late. Last night I was
in bed after midnight.  And when my alarm went off this morning at 7 it was hard for me to get out of bed.
As I laid there I thought about all of the thing I wanted (needed) to get done today.
-Fold the laundry. (there was 3 HUGE loads waiting for me on the couch)
-Put the laundry away
-Make breakfast
-Get Cody ready for school
-Have Cody do his math paper while eating breakfast
-Start another load of laundry
-Unload the dishwasher
-Do the breakfast dishes
-Get the other boys dressed and ready for the day and for school
-Think about and make a list for Costco
-Get in the shower
-Hope that Lia sleeps in this morning
-Nope she didn't
-Feed Lia
-Oh good she went back to sleep
-Thank Dan for taking Cody to school so that I don't have to
-Think about dinner so that at 5 o'clock I'm not wondering what to make
-Chicken Fajitas it is
 Now it's 10 am WOW!  It's already been a BUSY morning.

Then I started to think about gratitude.
and the above list started to have a different meaning.
Instead of it being a list of "things to do" it became a list of things "I GET to do".
I'm SO grateful that I'm able to stay home with my children.
I'm SO grateful that Dan has a great job.  That it's stable and that we have health insurance.
I'm SO grateful that Dan LOVES me!
I'm SO grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me as a mother. I have been SO blessed.
I'm SO grateful for my family, children.
I'm grateful that my body lets me nurse Lia and all of my children for that matter.
I'm grateful for my BOYS!  Through the fighting and teasing they really do love each other
and have each others backs.  How wonderful for them.
I'm grateful for Lia.  Having a daughter is AMAZING.
Each time we all look at her and she gives us that beautiful smile….I count my blessing again.

My heart is full!  I am blessed!  I've come to realize that if there are dishes in the sink, I can ALWAYS
wash them later.  It is important to STOP and not let TIME PASS ME BY.
I NEED TO ENJOY things more.  All the Little Things.  All The Small Celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment